• New electric car for the business gets a step closer

    21st June 2017 | Articles
  • One of the biggest things we try to achieve here at Danceshowfilming is to keep prices as low as possible. When we started filming shows in the 1990's, the price of a VHS video tape of the show was £15. Today local show DVDs cost £16, that's a rise of £1 over 27 years!

    Shows further a field may be charged a little more to cover the fuel and travel time. However to help with the fuel prices, we are purchasing an electric car, which is a lot cheaper to run than our petrol car, so helps to keep costs down for longer distance schools to.

    We have worked out that we can use the electric car for over 85% of our customers, the other 15% been out of range of using the electric car with 1 fast charge on the way back. We don't want to use a charge on the way to a job.

    So yesterday the first step became a reality. We had the home car charger fitted. It was far from a standard installation and took the poor installer 7.5 hours! At last it is now fitted and ready for the car. We should be getting our Nissan Leaf (made in the UK - Sunderland) next Tuesday! 

    Let the clean way of driving commence!


  • Pictures of fitting the new electric car Charger, June 2017.

    [ngg_images source=”galleries” container_ids=”2″ display_type=”photocrati-nextgen_basic_thumbnails” override_thumbnail_settings=”0″ thumbnail_width=”240″ thumbnail_height=”160″ thumbnail_crop=”1″ images_per_page=”20″ number_of_columns=”5″ ajax_pagination=”0″ show_all_in_lightbox=”0″ use_imagebrowser_effect=”0″ show_slideshow_link=”0″ slideshow_link_text=”[Show slideshow]” order_by=”sortorder” order_direction=”ASC” returns=”included” maximum_entity_count=”500″]